澳洲前总理霍克先生走了！我尊敬的政坛上的朋友请走好！你人虽不在，但你对澳洲和中国人民的贡献将永垂青史！记得在2001年，你应邀参加我们在墨尔本市政府举办的全澳华人领袖聚会的论坛上发表了澳洲和亚洲未来的展望和移民的贡献，同时出席论坛上还有你好友Gough Whitlam总理！这是庆祝澳洲百年国庆华人为澳洲做贡献的一个项目！你给我们带来了鼓励和希望！今早我收到你的好学生工党反对党领袖Bill Shorten的一封对你的赞美信，总结了你的一生，尽功尽瘁为国家为社会的贡献！更让我肃然起敬！
3. 你们鼓励和提倡教育兴国的政策，让有智力的孩子们都能上大学，不管是穷的还是富的，为国家造就了很多人才！有好一段时间，上大学还是免费的，虽然这是你朋友Gough Whitlam打下的基础！
5. 保护澳洲的原始森林和资源也是一大贡献，通过了“世界遗产保护法”！让塔州壮丽山河Franklin River不受损害，列为世界遗产保护之一等，并支持一系列环保项目！
6. 正式定位Advance Australia为澳洲国歌取代God save the Queen的英国国歌！你也为澳洲共和运动尽心尽力
Tribute to Former Australian Prime Minister Bob HawkeDr Ka Sing Chua
The Honourable Mr.Bob Hawke, the former Prime Minister of Australia, just passed away. My esteemed friend in politics, please rest in peace. You may not be here, but your contribution to Australia and the Chinese people will be remembered forever!
Remember in 2001, you were invited to our forum organised by the National Liaison Council of Chinese Australians- Chinese Australian Leaders' Gathering, held at the Melbourne City Town Hall, to present a vision of the future of Australia and Asia and the contributions of immigrants, And on the same forum, your good friend, Prime Minister Gough Whitlam spoke too. This was a project to celebrate the Centenary of the Commonwealth of Australia with Chinese contribution to Australia! You have given us much encouragement and hope!
This morning I received a letter of praise from Bill Shorten, the Opposition Leader of the Labour Party, which sums up your whole life and contributions to the country. I'm very impressed! I would like to pay some of my tribute to you here.
You and the team have achieved long lasting benefit for Australia as listed below and more:
1. Medicare, Australia's National Health System, as a doctor, I understand more about the importance of Australia's National Health Service! You know this big principle well. If a country is to be prosperous and secured, the greatest productive force comes from a healthy population and people can live healthy and happy lives
2. You have created a Superannuation system that allows every worker to have a good retirement fund without having to rely on old aged pension. It's amazing . This long-term plan will benefit the Australian people as a whole for many years to come!
3. You have encouraged and promoted a policy of rejuvenating the nation by educating and enabling intelligent children to go to colleges and universities , rich or poor, and have produced many talents for the country. There was a time when going to colleges and universities was free, even though it was the foundation of your friend Gough Whitlam!
4. You believe that Australia's development and future depend on Asia, because Australia is a part of Asia! You have created a very good communication bridge APEC Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Organization! This organization still plays a very important role today!
5. The protection of Australia's virgin forests and resources was also a major contribution through the adoption of the World Heritage Protection Act! Let the magnificent Franklin River remains undamaged as one of the World Heritage Sites, etc., and support a range of environmental projects!
6. Officially positioning "Advance Australia" as the national anthem for Australia to replace " God save the Queen" The British national anthem! You've done your best for the Australian Republican Movement too.
7. Before you became Prime Minister, as President of the ACTU, you advocated the following policies that make Australia internationally respected:
(i) Trade union organization is the sacred right of workers and the function of consultation
(ii) Opposing French testing of nuclear weapons in the Pacific
(iii) Against the Indochinese Vietnam War, your good friend Gough Whitlam helped to stop the Vietnam War when he came to power!
(iv) Against racial policy in South Africa! Former Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser has also laid the groundwork for you
8. After taking office, you have also tried to implement a fair and just multicultural state policy in an all-round way! Oppose the revival of White Australian Policy! We should protect the rights of the minority migrants and encourage them to respect each other and integrate into the mainstream! After the Tiananmen Square incident in 1989, you decided to pardon 40,000 Chinese students to stay in Australia! This team has contributed a lot to the development of Australia-China relations today! Your efforts were not in vain!
9. After you quit politics, you have continued to promote Australia-China Relations. You are also one of the founders of the Asian Boao Forum held annually in Hainan, China, and have supported its development. You have contributed a lot to the development of Asia.
Finally what I most admired is : no matter what and where you are, in high position or civilian, you are a dear and approachable good person! You said that yourself in one of your interviews that is what you want people to remember you most. We respect you and wish you a happy journey on the road to heaven.